The GO Newsletter Photo Contest
Photo Contest Topic "Silhouette"
The Gillette Outdoors photo contest is a monthly contest for photographers of all ages and skill levels. The goal of this contest is to inspire and motivate people to get outdoors and to share what they find through the art of photography.
Silhouettes are one of the hardest photos to pull off. Putting a bright sky agents a dark foreground will make a nice clean silhouette and that part is easy. The hard part come when you are trying to figure out a subject for your shot. Not everything is readable when you can only see an outline. One place to start would be a nice tree in a field at sunset, maybe the silhouette of a mountain range would look great, how about an old log cabin on a hill top. Get creative and try looking at the world around you for interesting shapes and places that even without color or depth will give the viewer a complete picture. I can not wait to see what you all come up with!
Get Out There!
I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Make sure you tag your images to be entered in the contest.
Tag this month: #GilletteOutdoors
Good Luck, And Get Out There!
2. Submit photos to Instagram or Twitter. Only This months posts will be eligible. There is no limit on number of entries.
3. Submissions must be tagged with the following in the original comment:
4. All entries must be submitted by 12 p.m. ET on October 31st
5. The winner will be announced in the Next GO Newsletter and the winning photo will be featured on GilletteOutdoors.com Winners Page, and all Gillette Outdoors social media feeds: Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.
6. Submitted contest photos may still be reposted by Gillette Outdoors during the month to showcase your great work.
Questions? Email email@example.com